Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Celebrity Recipe - and a camera fail

I baked Irish Soda Bread. I forgot to take pictures. (If I bake something in my kitchen and don't take a picture, does it exist?) I also did it on March 25, just a little over a week after St. Patrick's day. But I figure that procrastination is an Irish thing, or at least it is in my family.

Anyway, the point of this post is - it was Anjelica Huston's Irish Soda Bread. And after just watching The Witches for the first time, I was inspired (and a bit frightened) by all things Anjelica. The link is right here - it's a very wheaty, rustic loaf that my friend referred to as a "wheat flower" (my attempts to draw a cross on the bread apparently weren't so successful). It bakes up extremely dense, even after I added a cup and a half of buttermilk to the dough to make it hold together. However, and perhaps this is due to the free-flowing wine at the housewarming, people loved it. Especially good with a thick layer of butter or cheese on top (who wouldn't?).

No comments: